Featured
Gearbox Whine When Slowing Down
Gearbox Whine When Slowing Down. Well i said it was making a noise was her reply when questioned. It is there when accelerating and decelerating, mostly 1st to 4th gear, not so bad in 5th.

I have a 2018 altitude 4x4 automatic with 36k miles. People who are untrained driving a stick often abuse the clutch using the flywheel as a brake by engaging the clutch at an rpm much too high for the gear. Don't shift to slow down.
The Transmission Fluid Inside Might Have To Be Replaced.
I'm sure that the extra bits from being awd contribute some too. Don't shift to slow down. Just bought a 2004(53 plate) 307 hdi 90 s,had it for 2 weeks and when slowing down it has a whining noise which starts about 2000 rpm in 3rd gear.also the whine is in 2nd gear but not as noisy in 3rd.
Mine Whines Too, Especially Going Slow In 1St Or 2Nd No Matter If I Was In The Gear To Start Or Am Down Shifting Into Either Gear.
Also, if i was accelerating and shifted past 3,500 rpm, give or take, it would briefly make the same sound then during the shift. Its due to the cut of gear. There could be a problem with a worn or damaged shaft, shaft end play spacer, or a bearing.
It Now Has About 237K Miles And The Whine Has Not Gotten Any Worse, That I Can Tell Anyway.
I can't hear it in any other gear but i can hear it when i'm slowing down through the gears a. Its sounds like the belt to me but not a 100% sure. Hi folks my car is making a whining noise when slowing down at low speed and dropping down gears, but not when iv got the clutch pressed in any help would be appreciated.
I Don't See Why The Syncros Would Whine Except During Actual Shifting, But I'm No Manual Transmission Scientist.
One such example is of a ford freestyle which has run around 65,000 miles. The most common source for humming or whirring transmission noises is low fluid level or fluid contaminated with metal shavings. The crap hd oil does well enough.
It's Not Bearing, And Not Present All The Time.
The noise goes away when i press the clutch in. Last night on my way to work, there was a quite prominent whining sound whenever i would slow down while in gear (5th was the worst, just about only happened in this gear). If you shift from third to second while slowing you are down shifting.
Popular Posts
Vauxhall Zafira Gearbox Oil Filler Location
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comments
Post a Comment